close
close

Delhi: Massive fire caused by gas leak engulfs food factory in Narela, three dead, several injured | Delhi News

Three workers were killed and six others injured in a major fire at Shayam Kripa Foods in Delhi's Narela early Saturday morning. The fire, which broke out at 3:38 a.m., engulfed the entire dried moong dal processing plant and required the deployment of 14 fire engines.

Massive fire in a factory in Delhi's Narela leaves three dead. (Image: X)

New Delhi: Three innocent workers were killed and six others injured in a massive fire in the early hours of Saturday. According to reports, the fire engulfed the factory of Shayam Kripa Foods Private Ltd in Outer Delhi's Narela area. The fire broke out at around 3:38 am and engulfed the entire manufacturing unit where dry moong dal is manufactured.

Watch video:

If sources are to be believed, the emergency services quickly responded to the distress call and dispatched 14 fire tenders to the scene. However, despite their efforts, several workers remained trapped inside the fire, nine of whom were eventually evacuated and taken to SHRC Hospital, where three were declared dead. The victims, according to officials, were identified as 24-year-old Shyam, 30-year-old Ram Singh and 42-year-old Beerpal, all of whom were employed at the factory.

Specifically, initial investigations indicate that the fire was sparked by a gas leak in one of the pipes supplying the burners used to roast moong dal. The intense heat, accompanied by the high temperatures, caused a compressor in the factory to overheat and explode, ultimately leading to a massive fire.

Proceedings initiated against factory owner, proceedings initiated

However, after the fire brigade brought the fire under control, the authorities have now filed charges against the factory owners Ankit Gupta and Vinay Gupta and the investigation into the case is currently underway.

Similar incidents in recent times

  • Fire in Bhoragarh industrial area in Narela

This tragic incident, which is responsible for the death of three innocent people, follows a similar incident reported last month in Bhorgarh Industrial Area in Narela, where a fire broke out on three floors of a plastic factory. The fire was caused by a short circuit on the first floor of the factory and had to be brought under control with the help of 30 fire engines.

  • Fire at an eye clinic in Lajpat Nagar

In a similar incident reported last Friday, a fire broke out in a two-storey building housing an eye hospital in Lajpat Nagar on Ring Road. Fortunately, no patients were present at the time and the staff managed to escape without any injuries.